Picture this, you're cruising down a deserted road listening to (insert song here) and driving (insert car here). I often think about what I would insert in that previous sentence. For me it would be "Hair of the Dog" by Nazareth and I would be driving my baby, my 1966 Dodge Coronet (My blog site named after my car, more about that in a future post). It hard to explain why I think "Hair of the Dog" is my favorite driving song. I like that it chants, "now you're messin' with a son of a bitch." and as odd as it sounds, it makes me feel empowered. It brings out my rebellious side where I'm not afraid to drive a car like I stole it. For my father, his favorite driving song is "Radar Love" by Golden Earring. His dream is to drive a big-block muscle car with a four speed while blaring this song.
The car is just as important as the song. I'm not saying if you drive a Pontiac Aztek, you can't enjoy your song. I think that whatever car you drive, you should have some sort of attachment or relationship with it. A bond with a car is something I can really appreciate and understand. This Coronet I have isn't something to tote me around town and to make me look hip, its more than that, its a friend. It contains memories of me and my dad spending hours getting it to the point where it is now. Example, I won coolest car at my school. I'll never win that in any other car in my future.
Whatever song that makes you put your foot down should be accompanied by a car that makes you remember the good ol' days.
Comment and let me know you're favorite driving song and the car it would be in!
No comments:
Post a Comment